Subject: CompuServe Mail and lists errors (fwd)
From: james @ sagarmatha . com (James C. Armstrong)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com

An official spokesman from Compuserve has commented on the list
aggrevations we've all experienced:

According to unnamed sources, Tom Haney is alleged to have written
=>
=> On behalf of CompuServe, I would like to apologize for the problems with mailing
=> lists which you have experienced.  Engineers are currently working to change the
=> way in which errors are bounced to a list, following standard conventions and
=> RFCs.  This update to the "new" CompuServe Mail system should be incorporated
=> soon.  There are still some mailboxes on the "old" CompuServe Mail which, for
=> technical reasons, will continue to generate delivery reports as they always
=> have.  Our goal for the next few months is to move most all our mailboxes to the
=> new CompuServe Mail system.
=>
=> A confused sysop stated that CompuServe discouraged mailing lists.  This is not
=> true.
=>
=> Let me know if you have any questions.  We are aware of the inconvenience and we
=> are working to put a change in place quickly.  Sorry for the delayed response.
=>
=> Tom Haney
=> CompuServe Mail

I hope something real comes of this.
--
James C. Armstrong, Jr.      | It's time to taste what you most fear
james @