Subject: Re: Has Juno disappeared?
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 00:06:39 -0400
To: Bonnie <bonnie @ staff . prodigy . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 5:10 PM -0400 8/26/1996, Bonnie wrote:

>Since juno.com is not found, the bounces go directly to the list owners, and
>don't stayed queued.  We are contacting their Technical/Zone Contact.

	Hopefully your mail machines understand MX records, and aren't
bouncing all mail for all domains that can be reached only via MX
records, such as AOL.

>I can look up Juno's domain servers:

	[ ... deletia ... ]

>but not ping either of them from where I am.

	They may have blocked all ICMP packets are their firewalls, just
like AOL.  For us, it's a security feature.

--
Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP: brad @
 his .