Subject: Full headers in MS Mail?
From: Apu <apu @ inet-images . com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 10:26:13 -0400 (EDT)

Apologies if this is not the best place for it, but I've been having
problems getting the Microsoft's web site and haven't found another
good source with this info...

One of the subscribers to a list that is hosted on a IIW server is
reporting that he is getting duplicate copies of every posting sent to
the list.  However, I find only one entry for his e-mail address in
the .subscribers file (ListProc).  Since nobody else if having the
same problem (that I'm aware of), I'm trying to figure out where the
other copy is coming from.

I asked that he send me a copy of the duplicates with the full headers
so I can analyze them, but he states that he is using MS Mail and that
the only headers he has is a From: header (with just the list name,
and no host info), a To: header (with a % substituted for a @) and a
Date: and Subject:.  Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of MS Mail
with which to figure out how to get a full set of headers out of it,
so I was hoping somebody here knew.

(I don't suppose a List Manager somewhere has a FAQ explaining how to
get the full headers from the many e-mail client packages available
along with things like how to turn of the WINMAIL.DAT file and other
client software specific things like that?)

Apu <apu @
 inet-images .
 com>                     Internet Images Worldwide