Subject: Spam Alert
From: jcanterbury @ us . ibm . com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 12:35:49 EDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Just received an e-mail spam from rr @
 newnorth .
 net, trying to sell some
kind of mutual fund.  He hit both of my lists, one of which isn't on
the List of Lists, so he must be using the Majordomo 'list' command to
find them.

BTW, I always find it amusing to forward these financial broker spams
back to the sender with my complaint, along with a copy to
enforcement @
 sec .
 gov (making sure to explicitly point out the CC to the
offender).  I have a feeling that many of these spams are by fly-by-night
organizations, so perhaps the SEC will take an interest.  And, perhaps
it will slow down some of these types of spam.

Jerry Canterbury, Buckeye Consulting
Internet: jcanterbury @
 us .
 ibm .
 com or jcanterb @
 worldweb .
 net
"Children left unattanded will be towed at owners expense."

Indexed By Date Previous: software for Windows 3.1