Subject: Re: Here's some more info for you.. (fwd) (PAML abuse)
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 00:03:28 -0400
To: jeffw @ smoe . org (Jeff Wasilko), list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: randal @ movies . enet . dec . com

At 10:21 AM -0400 8/29/1996, Jeff Wasilko wrote:

>I don't make a habit of forwarding personal email, but this
>feels like a form letter and concerns all of us:
>
>Paul Randal, writes:
>> From randal @
 movies .
 enet .
 dec .
 com Thu Aug 29 09:57:51 1996
>> Date: Thu, 29 Aug 96 15:58:24 MET DST
>> From: "Paul Randal, " <randal @
 movies .
 enet .
 dec .
 com>
>> To: "jeffw @
 smoe .
 org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com
>> Apparently-To: jeffw @
 smoe .
 org
>> Subject: Here's some more info for you..

	[ ... deletia ... ]

>> For the first point above, we've been pursuing gathering data from several
>> public sources, one of which was the PAML list.  Your site was contacted
>> during our test run as a result of our analysis of that list.  Again we
>> apologise if this inconvenienced you.

	One other thing you should do -- review the policies of the
maintainers of the PAML itself.  I believe that you'll find that the
kind of thing you are doing is expressly forbidden by their
established policies.  However, you should confirm that with the
maintainers of PAML themselves.

--
Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP: brad @
 his .