Subject: Re: PAML mail
From: sullivan @ fa . disney . com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 09:20:01 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> >From past experience of list abuse, the act of accessing many mailing lists
> with no intention of joining any of them is widely interpreted as a hostile
> gesture.
>
> The mailing list servers were not put there for your convenience or purpose,
> whatever that may be (which you have yet to reveal).

Jeez, some of you people are touchy.  If you make your subscription list
info available for someone to get to, don't be surprised if someone gets to
it.  Complain about loads placed on machines from queries like this but don't
complain about people doing something that you've allowed them to do.  You
won't find anybody getting my subscriber lists because I don't make them
available.

Getting off soapbox and donning asbestos now...
---
Michael Sullivan                     sullivan @
 fa .
 disney .
 com
Walt Disney Feature Animation        +1 818 560 8196 (voice)
500 S. Buena Vista St.               +1 818 560 8290 (fax)
Burbank, CA  91521-4870

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Bounced Email