Subject: Re: PAML mail
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 10:19:33 -0700
To: sullivan @ fa . disney . com
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 09:20 AM 8/30/96 -0700, sullivan @
 fa .
 disney .
 com wrote:
>Jeez, some of you people are touchy.  If you make your subscription list
>info available for someone to get to, don't be surprised if someone gets to
>it.  Complain about loads placed on machines from queries like this but don't
>complain about people doing something that you've allowed them to do.  You
>won't find anybody getting my subscriber lists because I don't make them
>available.

This is sorta like saying, "Sheesh, if you make your email address available
(by, say, posting to this list) then don't get surprised when you get a flood
of commercial email advertisements in return."

Your argument above is akin to the idea that if I leave my window unlocked,
it's okay for someone to break in and steal all my stuff.

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\          Kynn Bartlett / kynn @
 idyllmtn .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: PAML mail