Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: Judge orders online service to stop blocking 'junk' mail
From: David Lloyd-Jones <dlj @ pobox . com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 08:24:55 -0400 (EDT)
To: fwaid @ sara . zia . com (Fred M. Waid)
Cc: "'list-managers @ greatcircle . com'" <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

At 02:43 PM 06/09/96 -0400, Fred M. Waid wrote:
>Below is an article concerned with America Online's decision to block mass
"junk" e-mails.
>Before you decide to block access to your lists, you should consider this
information and carefully review the final outcome of the pending trial.

>Regardless of our feelings or the debates in which we engage, we will all
have to abide by the decisions of the courts.

>Fred

I don't see how a decision by the courts on the operation of a common
carrier have any relevance to the operation of moderated lists.

                                        -dlj.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: FYI: On blocking sites. (fwd)
From: "C. Ewen MacMillan" <ilixi @ tezcat . net>
Next: Re: list command/.sigs
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Judge orders online service to stop blocking 'junk' mail
From: meo @ schoneal . com (Miles O'Neal)
Next: Re: Jodge orders AOL to allow junk email...
From: Wes Morgan <morgan @ engr . uky . edu>