Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: list command/.sigs
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 1996 09:34:37 -0700
To: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM (List Managers)

Bill, I sent that privately to you (I just checked my outfile).
Why did you post the following to the list, anyway?

At 11:06 AM 9/7/96 -0300, Bill Silvert wrote:
>>At 08:17 AM 9/6/96 -0300, Bill Silvert wrote:
[the following was written by me, Kynn Bartlett]
>>Eh?  If your administrators change your gateway, just send something
>>like:
>>
>>'which dfo'
>>
>>or
>>
>>'which bill'

>Uh huh. Two problems with this. First, it generates a hell of a lot of
>output to search through (I just tried it on my own site, and got almost
>300 addresses back). Second, which is a protty good alternative to
>lists, and if you are serious about turning off the lists command, you
>really should permit the which command.

I don't see any point in arguing this with you, since you don't really
seem to have any point here.  Ta!

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\          Kynn Bartlett / kynn @
 idyllmtn .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: list command/.sigs