Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: Jodge orders AOL to allow junk email... (fwd)
From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 96 23:03:09 EDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Eric Thomas:
>Personally I think the first step in  fighting spam in the legal arena is
>a law  that clarifies that telemarketing  laws apply to spamming  and the
>Internet as  well.

Now I've heard (OK, read) it all. "a law"

What country, pray tell, would said law be passed in? Enforced in?

It's survival of the fittest. AOL is not beholden to accept mail from
anyone. AOL owns the system. AOL owns the network connection.

Funny how AOL's users aren't suing to get their daily dose of spam.

Sorry, Eric, your "logic" just doesn't cut it.

                  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
                      <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil>
          http://k-whiner.pica.army.mil/info-labview/info-labview.html

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Jorge orders AOL to allow spammers