Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1996)

Subject: How To Get Anti-Email-Spamming Laws Enacted
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 1996 10:32:09 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I was just thinking about when we'll actually have some laws against
unsolicited email spamming, in the same way that there are laws against
unsolicited fax spamming.  ("Spamming" used loosely here, in several
senses.)

It won't happen until the congressional email addresses get so clogged
with mass-mailings that they're unable to use their email effectively.

I'm still undecided on how unethical it would be to try to get my
Senator's address on spammers' lists.

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\          Kynn Bartlett / kynn @
 idyllmtn .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Help with Forgeries