Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: Help with Forgeries
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 1996 10:29:33 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 01:31 AM 9/8/96 -0400, Brad Knowles wrote:
>	I've argued with Ned Freed (author or co-author of 14 Internet
>email RFCs, and someone you could consider to have literally written
>the book on the subject) that tools of this sort are necessary, but I
>haven't convinced him.  I have convinced some of his co-workers at
>Innosoft (makers of PMDF, the software the White House uses to
>process their Internet email) that the tools that PMDF has already
>are virtually useless, and there's not really much sense in trying to
>use them to block incoming email.

You mean the White House doesn't -really- have filters to check for
"I'm going to kill you!" email sent to president @
 whitehouse .
 gov? :)

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\          Kynn Bartlett / kynn @
 idyllmtn .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: raphael @ harborside . com
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Next: How To Get Anti-Email-Spamming Laws Enacted