Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1996)

Subject: Cool! Just what we all needed! Our own spam software and accounts!
From: meo @ schoneal . com (Miles O'Neal)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 02:49:41 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I love these things with no To: line.  The
actual sppam is at the end, after all the
other data I gathered.

No doubt they are bootstrapping their email
campaign with their own product.  Note that
this was to my personal account, not to
webmaster or postmaster or spammaster or
anything like that.

So what shall we do?  All spam them back with
a copy of their own email?  If anyone can come
up with an actual, provable address for the
perps, we could always subscribe them to a
gazillion magazines and Franklin Mint originals.
(Ha ha!  Just kidding!  That's probably illegal!
Ha ha!)  Anyone in NY want to give them a call
and check them out?

Be sure and read through the features carefully.

-Miles
meo @
 schoneal .
 com
meo @
 rru .
SENDMAIL LOGS

Sep 13 10:53:05 wildride sendmail[29624]: KAA29624: from=<Mailer-Daemon @
 interramp .
 com>, size=2380, class=0, pri=32380, nrcpts=1, msgid=<199609131527 .
 LAA19615 @
 interramp .
 com>, proto=ESMTP, relay=pop3.interramp.com [38.8.32.2]
Sep 13 10:53:05 wildride sendmail[29625]: KAA29624: to=<meo @
 schoneal .
 com>, delay=00:00:01, mailer=local, stat=Sent
FINGER DATA

[just gives a sales pitch from PSI for interramp.com]
SMTP VRFY

telnet pop3.interramp.com 25
Trying 38.8.32.2...
Connected to pop3.interramp.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-interramp.com Sendmail 8.6.12/SMI-4.1.3-PSI-pop-local ready at Sat, 14 Sep 1996 03:38:25 -0400
220 ESMTP spoken here
vrfy SoftCell.Marketing
553 SoftCell.Marketing... No such user as SoftCell.Marketing
WHOIS:

whois INTERRAMP-DOM
[rs.internic.net]
PSINet, Inc (INTERRAMP-DOM)
   510 Huntmar Park Drive
   Herndon, VA 22070
   USA

   Domain Name: INTERRAMP.COM

   Administrative Contact:
      Administration, PSINet Domain  (PDA4)  psinet-domain-admin @
 PSI .
 COM
      (703) 904-4100
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Network Information and Support Center  (PSI-NISC)  hostinfo @
 psi .
 com
      (518) 283-8860
   Billing Contact:
      Andrews, Ken  (KA16)  domain-fee-contact @
 PSI .
 COM
      703-904-4100

   Record last updated on 22-Feb-96.
   Record created on 14-Apr-94.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS.PSI.NET                   192.33.4.10
   NS2.PSI.NET                  38.8.50.2
   INTERRAMP.COM                38.8.17.2

The InterNIC Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet Information
(Networks, ASN's, Domains, and POC's).
Please use the whois server at nic.ddn.mil for MILNET Information.
|From Mailer-Daemon @
 interramp .
 com Fri Sep 13 10:53:05 1996
|From: SoftCell .
 Marketing @
 interramp .
 com
|Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 11:27:04 PDT
|Subject: E Mail Works v.31
|

|The most complete bulk e mail system available
|
|EMAIL WORKS v 3.1 $399
|
|CONNECTIONS & OTHER STUFF: Email Works is compatible with Windows 3.1, Windows 3.11 Windows NT and Windows 95. You just need an Internet connection (PPP).
|
|TARGETS NEWS GROUPS: targets individual news groups then allows for keywords within
|those news groups
|
|AUTOMATIC WEB SITE STRIPPING: strip email addresses from any on-line service including AOL,  CompuServe, Prodigy, GEnie.
|
|BUILT IN DATABASE FOR STORING ALL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES:
|
|BUILT IN FILTERING SYSTEM: you will never have to worry about sending your sales letter out
|to the same person twice.
|
|BUILT IN PARSING: PROGRAM: allows  you to parse out any addresses that you do not want
|to email
|
|BUILT IN TIME & DATE STAMP: will place a date on every email address that you send.
|
|BUILT IN E MAILER: Type in your sales letter in EMAIL WORKS. Select how many e mails you wish
|to send. Type in the subject of your sales letter, and press send. It?s that simple.
|3k per hour.
|
|BUILT IN NEWS GROUP READER & POSTER: this feature allows you to read your news groups
|and now you can also post your sales message to any news group of your choice automatically!
|
|BUILT IN MARKETING ANALYSIS TABLE: this feature allows you to do a marketing analysis on
|each and every letter you email out!
|
|UNLIMITED TECHNICAL SUPPORT: 30 DAY MONEY BACK
|
|GUARANTEE! If for some reason you are not completely satisfied with Email Works simply return
|to us for a full refund. No Questions Asked!!! call our office at: 212-953-5234.
|

|                                  $99 Per Month Bullet Proof Site Domain And E Mail Address
|
|BULLET PROOF SITE DOMAIN & IP ADDRESS - never worry again about having you site ripped
|down.
|
|5 MB WEB -  for your web site.
|
|10MB E MAIL BOX - with anti flaming!!!!..will not except large messages or multiple messages.
|
|POP ACCOUNT - send out as much mail as you want! AUTO RESPONDER - great tool with bulk e mailing.
|
|REMOVE NAMES - all mailings go through our massive remove list file. Dealers being considered
|
|Call 212-953-5234

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Jodge orders AOL to allow junk email... (fwd)