Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1996)

Subject: Re: Michael Tratz
From: Tracey McCartney <tracey @ mont . mindspring . com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 20:12:01 -0500
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 09:36 AM 9/22/96 -0500, John R. Snyder wrote:
>Someone named "Michael Tratz" <mailing @
 esosoft .
 com> just tried to subscribe
>to two closed, unadvertised lists I manage on pobox.com.  Interesting user
>id.  The lists are not related, and he tried to subscribe to both the
>standard and digest forms of the lists.  I suspect a spam in the making.

Same thing happened to my pobox list, except that he did manage to subscribe
to my digest (which I didn't know had even been set up) briefly.  He
unsubscribed the same day.  My digest is now closed, obviously. : )

Actually, I'm relieved that he has done this to other folks, because my
lists are kind of sensitive.  I'd prefer a spammer to a *spy*... : )

Tracey MCartney
Enforcement Coordinator
Central Alabama Fair Housing Center

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Michael Tratz