Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: fresh horror from AOL
From: Randy Cassingham <arcie @ netcom . com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 00:42:33 -0700 (MST)
To: List Managers List <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Stan Ryckman wrote:

> Well, here *is* a "fresh horror from AOL," and it has little or
> nothing to do with its users' cluefulness.
>
> Saturday my list just got three bounces from AOL for the *same* message
> to the *same* user (as shown by Message-ID and Received headers going
> into AOL via emin27.mail.aol.com).  The bounces came from:
>         MRIN21.MAIL.AOL.COM
>         MRIN19.MAIL.AOL.COM
>         MRIN20.MAIL.AOL.COM

It's not an isolated incident -- it's happening to my list, too.  Very
annoying.

 /  Randy Cassingham  *  Author, "This is True"  *  arcie @
 netcom .
 com  \
 | For info on What I Do, send a blank e-mail to TrueInfo @
 freecom .
 com |
 \ or check out <http://www.freecom.com/> * I promise you'll like it  /
  + FIGHT SPAM! Send a blank e-mail to nospam @
 mailback .
 com for help! +

From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Next: Educating large masses of users (was: Re: fresh horror from AOL)
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: fresh horror from AOL