Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Missed point...
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 14:27:33 -0800
To: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 11:19 PM -0800 2/1/97, Brad Knowles wrote:

>	As we become more standard, we'll be fixing that last part.
>We've had to live with some legacy software for a while, and anytime
>you get yourselves into that kind of position, it takes a while to
>get it replaced.  But we are working on that.

God, I know that one... It's even worse when  you implemented the
legacy stuff yourself and have to live with the warts knowing who to
blame....

Let's *not* forget that this stuff ain't magic and you can't fix it
overnight. Especially if you can't afford to break mail for eight
million users. "oops, we're sorry" just doesn't cut it that well in
those situations... (grin)

--
         Chuq Von Rospach (chuq @
 apple .