Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Educating large masses of users (was: Re: fresh horror from AOL)
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 16:59:24 -0800
To: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>, "E. Allen Smith" <EALLENSMITH @ ocelot . Rutgers . EDU>, chuqui @ plaidworks . com
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 4:08 PM -0800 2/2/97, Brad Knowles wrote:
>You
>can also add to that a requirement that the list manager approve all
>subscriptions,

God forbid. Solutions.apple.com processed almost 1,100 admin commands
yesterday alone, about half of them coming from me on cleaning up this
address probe stuff, but I'm seeing 3-400 subscribe and 3-400
unsubscribe commands daily even when I"m not actively dinking with the
address list.

--
         Chuq Von Rospach (chuq @
 apple .