Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: AOL mailbox limit, hig volume lists in general
From: "Lazlo Nibble" <lazlo @ swcp . com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:29:56 -0700 (MST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com (lm)

>> so a bad address doesn't get kicked off the list
>> until I've sent out as many as 2000 messages that won't be delivered??
>
> Right. What's the problem? It's not as if you have to read the bounces.
> Only the first one is saved, so you don't need much disk space.

Yes, but by that time you've wasted a huge amount of resources in attempting
to deliver those 2000 messages.

I assume the 20-day setting is configurable in your software?  I'd haul it
down to three days or so, personally.

--
::: Lazlo (lazlo @
 swcp .

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Use your imagination to what they are probably doing with their