Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: What, no .sex?!
From: Randy Cassingham <arcie @ netcom . com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:42:21 -0700 (MST)
To: List Managers List <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Lenard T Diggins wrote:

>     in the subject line: "what, no .sex?!
>
> that's exactly what i thouht, and here's a copy of a
> conversation that i had with a friend:
> it seems to me that having a top level of ".sex" would make it real
> easy to screen for those *hot* sex sites or screen against those
> nasty, repugnant sex sites.  now, if you're a parent and you see
> "http://random.firm"; you're pretty clueless as to where your kid
> might have been

Len, you didn't *really* say that a SEX site would be under the FIRM
domain, now did you?!  ;-)

 /  Randy Cassingham  *  Author, "This is True"  *  arcie @
 netcom .
 com  \
 | For info on What I Do, send a blank e-mail to TrueInfo @
 freecom .
 com |
 \ or check out <http://www.freecom.com/> * I promise you'll like it  /
  + FIGHT SPAM! Send a blank e-mail to nospam @
 mailback .
 com for help! +

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Next: Re: Educating large masses of users (was: Re: fresh horror from
From: "Machine-Knit List Owner" <amys @ iquest . net>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: What, no .sex?!