Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Educating large masses of users (Fantasy)
From: Cindy Stanley <connect @ ecentral . com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 23:29:13 -0700
To: Alan Deikman <alan @ znyx . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Alan Deikman wrote:

> Until these suggestions get implemented, perhaps the following might
> suffice:
>
>    "Thank you for subscribing to our list.  To make your subscription
>     active, please read the instructions for how to behave on the list
>     and how to unsubscribe, then write a short essay in your own
>     words on the procedures and e-mail it to us.  If the essay
>     indicates that you actually understood the instructions, you
>     will then be subscribed.
>
>     If, for any reason, it turns out later that you need the list
>     manager's assistance to unsubscribe, you agree to pay $5 for
>     the service.  Please provide your First Virtual PIN for this
>     purpose."
>
> Well, it IS a fantasy.

(cheering, whistling, foot-stomping)

Isn't imagination a *wonderful* thing?  :-)

...actually, to be completely truthful here....I HAVE entertained a somewhat
similar idea from time to time.  I never thought of a $5 charge and PIN # tho.
:-)

Cindy
Unschooling List Mom
Aurora, Colorado
connect @
 ecentral .
 com

         ||  ||    We learn from history
        "--'"--'   that we do not learn anything from history.