Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: User Unknown/Fatal Error Problem
From: "Merrill Cook" <mcook @ pcusa01 . ecunet . org>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 10:06:34 -0500 (EST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

>From Cindy Stanley:
>
> I keep receiving the following error message from one of my subscribers (no,

> weird thing (I think it's weird anyway) is the bounce reads "permanant fatal
> error' and "user unknown", but the next day this person's address will be just
> fine and generate zero bounces.  Then, maybe 2 days to a week later, I'll
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; bjbooth @
 iamerica .
 net
> Action: failed

I thought the status had to be 5-point-something to be considered
permanent?  I don't have the list in front of me, but I thought
2-point-something is transient...

--
  Regards,

  Merrill Cook
  Louisville KY
  mcook @
 pcusa .
 org     or MERRILL COOK on Ecunet/PresbyNet
  http://www.pcusa.org/pcusa.html
      -+-

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: fresh horror from AOL