Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: How 'bout closing the "anybody can post" hole?
From: drandall @ familyeducation . com (Dennis Randall)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:10:40 -0500
To: Brent Chapman <Brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Cc: mcb @ postmodern . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Re: How 'bout closing the "anybody can post" hole?

Since joining this mailing list about two weeks ago the volume of junk
email I've been getting has skyrocketed! I was averaging 3 to 4 junk
e-mails a week. Now I'm getting 10 to 20 a day.

I don't know if this is pure coincidence or not. It could be related to
the phase of the moon or it could be a result for subscribing to
list-managers @
 GreatCircle .
 COM ?  Whatever the reason, I want off this
list!

The noise to single ratio is just too high to be worth the effort.

I sent in a UNSUBSCRIBE command over the weekend to the list managers.
In case they missed it, here it is again.

 familyeducation .
 com

Thanks.

--
Dennis Randall
Discussions Moderator

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Short Cut to Family Learning Discussion Groups:
<http://207.121.8.100/scripts/dbml.exe?template=cfo/confer/threads.dbm&CID=11>

Short Cut to Education Discussion Groups:
<http://207.121.8.100/scripts/cfml.exe?template=/cfo/confer/threads.dbm&CID=10>