Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Digest headers
From: Steve Manes <manes @ magpie . com>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 03:24:55 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 01:00 AM 4/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>PLEASE CANCEL THIS SUBSCRIPTION.I AM CURRENTLY BOOGED DOWN WITH EMAIL.
>THANKS.
>TROY
>

>List-Managers-Digest wrote:
>>
>> List-Managers-Digest       Friday, April 4 1997       Volume 06 : Number
075

>> In this issue:

----[ digest header removed ]----------------------------------

May I suggest a new feature to the next revision of Majorodomo?  How about
something to scan for occurances of message_fronter and message_footer in
any post to prevent this kind of bandwidth-sucking feedback?  I've kludged
something to do this on my Majordomo but I'm sure you guys could come up
with something more elegant.  Also, an optional feature to bounce posts
which slurp in the default Subject: of an outgoing digest, i.e. "Subject:
re: List-Managers-Digest V6 #76".  The latter trashes up threads in reposts
to bridged newsgroups.

-----------------------[ http://www.magpie.com ]-----------=o&>o---------
      Steve Manes       |  Int'l Bass Players | for info, email
     manes @
 magpie .
 com   |  NYC Motorcyclists  | server @
 magpie .
 com with
94 Harley-Davidson FLHR |  Triumph MC Owners  | the message text, "lists"
  95 Triumph Super III  |  Motorcycle Safety  |
    97 Triumph T595     |                     |     N'Yawk, N'Yawk

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Majordomo