Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: List-Managers-Digest V6 #73
From: Gary Bickford <garyb @ fxt . com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 14:16:53 -0600
To: Brent @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: list-managers-digest @ GreatCircle . COM

Brent,
>We've had some success using a front-end filter for Majordomo that blocks
[snip]

Thanks for the great work, and the great tool!  Just thought you'd like to
hear something once in a while.

PS -
I sent mail to the list-managers list a few weeks ago, offering to set up
and run a database of problem domains/users, if folks would help figure out
just what it should contain.  There's some obvious difficulties and
complexities.  I was thinking of a kind of clearinghouse that would be able
to keep pretty close to up-to-the minute based on input from selected
master users.

I posted it twice, but to my knowledge it never appeared (I get the digest,
so I miss things sometimes).  Maybe somebody thought this was a hoax.

The offer still stands - I run mSQL (http://www.hughes.com.au), and I/we
can make it accessible only from approved hosts either via the web, or via
a connection on a particular port if you want to make it accessible from
within majordomo.  Or, if you'd rather, I can help you set something like
this up at Great Circle.

GB

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Spoofed junk mail