Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: Virus Hoaxes
From: Vince Sabio <wavelet @ colossus . arl . mil>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 19:58:15 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

** Sometime around 08:54 +1000 4/9/97, Rob «RibMan» said:

>I presume this is puke.  Is there a site dedicated to declaring genuine and
>non-genuine viruses?

See DOE's Computer Incident Advisory Capability web page:

<http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/>

Skip down to "Internet Hoaxes." And yes, it mentions "Penpal Greetings,"
along with a host of others that we've all grown to know and love.

- Vince Sabio
  orionsoft @
 telephonet .
then you probably need SmartBounce. For more information, send a blank email
to <smartbounce @
 bsabio .
 com>.
--