Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: AOL & compuserve problems.
From: kali <kali @ europa . com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:52:30 -0700 (PDT)
To: List Managers <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

> I was wondering whether anyone here could help me understand and resolve
> two problems we're having.  The first is the the widely reported problem
> reaching AOL's mail exchangers.  If anyone has updates on that, or knows
> when it will be fixed, where to find out more about it etc.  That would be
> very helpful.

My ISP was experiencing problems with sending mail to AOL also, here is
what they said to us:

"The last few days our mail servers have been refusing connections at
times due to very high loads.  Once they handle their mail and open the
port again, they are again flooded.  This recurring cycle may make it
appear like we are not accepting mail from your domain. We are aware that
our mail servers are refusing connections at times, and we are taking
steps to rectify those problems."

humpf...doesn't really say much...but this was just yesterday.....

-kali
kali @
 europa .