Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: CyberPromo
From: "Nathan J. Mehl" <nmehl @ leftbank . com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 15:34:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: ken @ klstools . com (Ken Kyler)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In the immortal words of Ken Kyler:

> I don't know if this will work or not, but I called CyberPromo
> (800-650-9110) and requested that my domains be removed from their "lists."
> Wish me luck ...

I'd wish you luck, but I'd be wasting my time just like you're
wasting yours.

Cyberpromo does _not_ honor remove requests.  Full stop.  They
don't read them, they don't act on them, they have no means of
tracking, executing, filing or verifying them.

They are _lying_ when they say they will remove you from their
lists on request.  I cannot put it any more plainly than that.

-n

--
Don't blame me -- I voted for the Unabomber!
Nathan J. Mehl -- The Left Bank Operation