Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: More Addresses For The "Abuse" File
From: Vince Sabio <wavelet @ colossus . arl . mil>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:36:11 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM, listmom-talk @ skyweyr . com, List Abuse <list-abuse @ clio . lyris . net>

First of all, I'd like to thank Alexander Verbraeck for posting his "big
list" of forged addresses last Sunday; I dropped the entire list on my
.ignored file, and things suddenly got a lot quieter. :-)

Over the past few days, however, I've identified three more bogus
subcription attempts for addresses that were not in the lists posted on
Sunday. So, anyone who wants to update his .ignored file can add these:

balze @
 ftbcc .
 it
luif @
 zahra .
 easynet .
 it
deen19 @
 idt .
 net

If anyone has more to add to the fray, I'd encourage posting them; this
effort has turned out to be pretty successful so far (at least for me).

- Vince Sabio
  HumourNet, Mac-L, TSC Listmom
  listmom @
 telephonet .
excess of 150,000 subscribers. For more information, send a blank email to
<smartbounce @
 bsabio .
 com>. (Finally out of beta! :-)
--

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: centra.com in message ads?