Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Ignore requests outside of local domain
From: Ed Werzyn <ewerzyn @ hpr114 . mdhc . mdc . com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 14:27:28 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . com
Cc: ewerzyn @ hpr114 . mdhc . mdc . com

Is it possible to limit the access to a majordomo mailing list to a
specific domain?  For security purposes we would like to only allow
assess to our internal mailing lists to addresses within the intranet
network of the company.  I realize that this could be accomplished
by setting the listname-approval alias so that the list-owner approves
of all subscriptions to the list, but I would like to take it a step
further and just ignore all requests outside of our company's domain.

Thanks!!

Sincerely,..........................+---------------------------------------+
Edward A. Werzyn, Jr................|    O         "Take a Hike!"           |
Longbow Apache System Administrator.|  []|-|   Grand Canyon rim-to-rim      |
McDonnell Douglas Helicopter........|   / \|        and back again!         |
5000 E. McDowell Road...............+---------------------------------------+
Building 530 Mailstop B-347
Mesa, AZ 85215

Voice:  602-891-4458
Fax:    602-891-7321
E-Mail: ewerzyn @
 hpr114 .
 mdhc .
 mdc .
 com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: CyberPromo