Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: How many subscribers AND Two More Bogus Subs ...
From: Vince Sabio <wavelet @ colossus . arl . mil>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:05:24 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

** Sometime around 14:05 -0700 4/21/97, Kynn Bartlett said:

>> Q:  How many internet mail list zubscribers does it take
>>     to change a light bulb?
>> A:  1,331:
>
>1,331, to forward the same bit of supposed "humor" to every
>single list in creation until the whole internet is absolutely
>SICK of seeing this damn thing.

<g>

>I thought it was funny the first 1,330 times I saw it, sorry.

Hell, I thought it was funny the first THREE times it was posted *here*!
IIRC, the first post even generated some discussion of the terms used in
the piece.

Do people subscribe to these lists without *reading* them?

While I'm here, I might as well note that I've had two more bogus
subscriptions come through recently -- these two need to be added
to the ever-growing .ignored file list:

brandon1 @
 usit .
 net
nguyel18 @
 student .
 ucr .
 edu

The adventure continues ...

- Vince Sabio
  orionsoft @
 telephonet .
excess of 150,000 subscribers. For more information, send a blank email to
<smartbounce @
 bsabio .
 com>, or drop by <http://www.bsabio.com/SmartBounce/>.