Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: IGNORE (SORRY): Probably prelude to a spam: getting on "oknames" list
From: Paul Hoffman <paulh @ imc . org>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:45:07 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

>If he checked the logs further, he would've seen a subscribe
>followed by several (unsuccessful) "information" requests, and then another
>subscribe to about 3/4 of the lists there.  They are IETF Working Group
>lists--from what I'm told, a great place to read about the future workings
>of various protocols and standards on the 'net.

Todd's correct here. I freaked out when I saw that he had subscribed to
"oknames", which as those of us who run Majordomo know is a file that is
used to list people who can post to restricted lists, even ones they're not
on. That action triggered my alert to this list, for which I apologize.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium