Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: Suggestion for MLM Developers
From: Vince Sabio <wavelet @ colossus . arl . mil>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 16:40:58 -0400
To: "ListMom-Talk Discussion List" <listmom-talk @ skyweyr . com>, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

** Sometime around 09:34 -0500 4/22/97, Brian Crawford sent everyone:

>>On one of the discussion lists that I recently inherited, someone contacted
>>me to ask whether it was possible to subscribe to DIGEST mode *immediately*
>>upon subscribing to the list (note that the list is on a ListServ, and
>>is configured for subscription confirmations).
>
>I believe you can set DIGEST as a default option so all new subscriptions
>are DIGESTed. That may not be the answer you are looking for, but hey, it's
>an answer.

I know that DIGEST can be set as th default -- but this is definitely a
*discussion*-oriented list, and one that is populated with lots of newbies.
Making a change like that would confuse the greener subscribers too much.
Point is, it'd be nice to be able to subscribe and set DIGEST in one swell
foop.

<g>

- Vince Sabio
  orionsoft @
 telephonet .
excess of 150,000 subscribers. For more information, send a blank email to
<smartbounce @
 bsabio .
 com> or visit <http://www.bsabio.com/SmartBounce/>.