Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: I think - this is a BIG secucrity HOLE
From: Jason Bain <j . n . bain @ ic . ac . uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:49:18 +0100 (BST)
To: dmitro @ domino . dp . ua (Dmitry Gorobets)
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

RE:

> As you may see - my messages don't need to be approval :(
> Majordomo send it direct to all subscribers, although the list is
> moderated.
> Any idea?

Fairly simple solution - do not use the default -outgoing list expansion
name: use something else! Ensure that this new name cannot be found by
switching off VRFY & EXPN and possibly recipient expansion in Received lines
in MTAs such as sendmail.

--
Jason N. Bain, Centre for Computing Services, Imperial College, London SW7 2BX.
Telephone:(0171) 594 6974 Fax:(0171) 594 6958 Electronic mail:J .