Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: I think - this is a BIG secucrity HOLE
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 23 Apr 1997 10:38:11 -0500
To: Dmitry Gorobets <dmitro @ domino . dp . ua>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

 domino .
 dp .
 ua> writes:

DG> As you may see - my messages don't need to be approval

We're all so impressed with your list-hacking ability.  Really.  Now, if
you had anything useful to ask, why didn't you ask it?

If you want to eliminate the possibility of doing that on your lists, go ask
in the Majordomo-users group or read the majordomo FAQ.

If you're pointing out that this particular list is less secure, well
thanks.  We knew already.  But nobody saw a need to bother until annoying
people started exploiting it.  Wait, in recent memory, only one annoying
person has exploited it.  Any guesses who that might be?

You don't show that people need to change their locks by breaking into
their houses and telling them about it in their living rooms.
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs @
 uh .