Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 1997)

Subject: Re: Suggestion for MLM Developers
From: Norm Aleks <naleks @ library . ummed . edu>
Date: 23 Apr 1997 10:31:22 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: Vince Sabio <wavelet @ colossus . arl . mil>

[Vince Sabio <wavelet @
 colossus .
 arl .
 mil>]
> [Brian Crawford]
> >I believe you can set DIGEST as a default option so all new
> >subscriptions are DIGESTed.
>
> [...] it'd be nice to be able to subscribe and set DIGEST in one swell
> foop.

Just send the SET command along with the subscription confirmation.
I.e. after "subscribe FOOBAR", reply to the confirmation request with
	OK
	SET FOOBAR DIGEST

This is LISTSERV specific though ... maybe you should move it to
LSTOWN-L?
--
  Norm

Q: Some people claim they hear the voice of God. Is this true?