Subject: Need Sendmail Assistance
From: Vince Sabio <wavelet @ colossus . arl . mil>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 19:20:05 -0400
To: listmom-talk @ skyweyr . com, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi folks,

I have some poor sysadmin in India who has sendmail set up to bounce
messages back to the "From:" address -- not the "Sender" or "Errors-To"
address, if one is present.

We listmoms all know what that means: Potential mail loops. <yuck>

Anyway, I dropped my usual, nicely worded, you-and-all-your-offspring-
must-die-for-this-mistake(tm) message to the postmaster, who responded
rather quickly. (Amazing, how seriously they take the offspring thing
over there.)

Turns out, he is clueless(tm), but would like some assistance, since it
seems that I'm not the first one to threaten his offspring. <g> However,
Idunno *squat* about sendmail.cf, so I really cannot help him.

That's where *you* (yes, YOU) come in. If you're a sendmail hound with
lots of patience *and* the ability to read RFC822 mail typed with a
modest Indian accent, please respond to me directly so I can put you in
touch with him. He really seems interested in atoning for his sins -- or
at least fixing his mistake.

Please RSVP to wavelet @
 colossus .
 arl .
 mil (preferably CC me at my listmom
account, in case I'm at home: listmom @
 telephonet .
 com), since it is quasi-
off-topic for these lists -- albeit a rather *important* off-topic issue
for us list owners.

- Vince Sabio
  orionsoft @
 telephonet .