Subject: Re: The "Duh!" Awards
From: arielle @ taronga . com (Stephanie da Silva)
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 01:46:07 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

> 	It's time for a new class, the "Duh" Award.  I bring this up
> because it has happened to me twice in the past week and a half.

Here's mine.

I occasionally get people saying "please unsubscribe me from your list."
This isn't particularly intuitive, since I have 5 lists runnign on my
server, only two of them mine.  Plus because of the PAML, people will
ask me to unsubscribe me to lists I have nothing to do with, but that's
another story.

Anyhow, this must hit the very bottom of the clueless meter.  Recent
exchange:

CL: Please unsubscribe me from your mailing list.

Me: Before I can do this, you'll need to tell me the name of the list.

CL: I don't know....

<believe it or not, it's happened twice now>

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Need Sendmail Assistance