Subject: Re: The "Duh!" Awards
From: Ray Jones <rayjones @ praline . no . neosoft . com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 00:04:49 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Vince Sabio wrote:

> That's a tough act to follow. I've got a *few* favorites, but this one
> was actually starting to get me annoyed:
>
> CL: I'm trying to unsubscribe from your mailing list, but your instructions
> do not work.
>
> Me: Huh. They seem to be working for most everyone else who has
> unsubscribed recently. What seems to be thy problem?

When I first started my list, I had two people who made every mistake in
the book. They wrote to the wrong addresses, issued the wrong commands,
spelled the lists and the commands wrong plus posted multiple messages to
the list telling me how crummy the list was and how nothing worked right.
As you said, it worked fine for everyone else.

The true irony of the situation is that one of those complaining was a
professor of computer science at a major univeristy and the other was a
PHD candidate in Biomolecular Medicine (or at least that's what their
signature files stated).

--
Regards,

Ray Jones
   Coming to New Orleans?  Contact "Big Ray the Buggy Driver"
                      Licensed Tour Guide

Historical Tours through the romantic French Quarter in New Orleans
 in a mule-drawn "vis-a-vis" carriage while enjoying its ambiance
  and hear about our history, sites of interest and way of life.

   Cellular Phone  504-884-9572  Digital Beeper 504-547-8032
       CURRENTLY ON SABBATICAL & NOT AVAILABLE FOR TOURS

ray .
 jones @
 mail .
 sstar .
 com         http://www.neosoft.com/~rayjones/welcome.html

             "Big Ray's" New Orleans Mailing List Instructions

 communique .
 net