Subject: Prodigy.com addresses: 5/11-5/13 problems
From: Bonnie Scott <bonnie @ staff . prodigy . com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 17:22:06 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: adaniels @ ntsutils . prodigy . com

Hello.  This is to let you know that your list members with @prodigy.com
addresses may be having problems receiving Internet mail. We are having some
problems which we anticipate will be resolved tomorrow morning, although the
backlog of mail deliveries will take a while to work off.

This affects Prodigy Classic members @prodigy.com only, not Prodigy Internet
members with addresses @prodigy.net, nor staff members @staff.prodigy.com.

OUTBOUND internet mail is not affected for these users, so you may receive
inquiries about your list; Prodigy-to-Prodigy e-mail is also unaffected, so
they may not realize there is a larger mail problem; only Internet to
P*Classic mail is affected. Our inbound mail gateways should be back up well
before your mail machines give up trying to deliver to our members, so no
mail should be lost.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know at
bonnie @
 staff .
 prodigy .
 com .

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Bonnie Scott
this has been an UNofficial announcement from
Prodigy Sertvices Corp.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: The "Duh!" Awards