Subject: Re: RFI - Re: Any creative TCP/IP solutions to stop junk E-Mail?
From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 21:20:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: List Managers <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Henry W. Miller wrote:

> 	Does anyone have any information on the enclosed post - i.e., is
> it "too good to be true", is it on the level, etc?

> > We are compiling a REMOVE list.  It is much faster for the spammers
> > to remove your email address if we send them the list because most
> > of the spammers use automated software.

I have read of "remove lists" being used to collect valid addresses for
the purpose of sending more spam.  I'm not aware of any spammers who would
honor a remove list.  I presume most spammers would welcome the
opportunity to collect more addresses to add to their spam lists.  To
summarize, do not sign up unless you want to receive more spam.

- murr -

Indexed By Date Previous: RFI - Re: Any creative TCP/IP solutions to stop junk E-Mail?