Subject: Re: check_mail ruleset for sendmail.cf
From: "Bill Casti, CQA (System Administrator)" <help @ quality . org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:12:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: rlcarr @ MIT . EDU
Cc: list-managers-digest @ GreatCircle . COM

It will be accepted if you're configured to resolve on the domain name
only. It will bounce if you're configured to require a machine name +
domain name for resolution. Depends on how you've got your DNS set up.
It's not a function of the script.

Regards.
Bill

On Wed, 14 May 1997 rlcarr @
 MIT .
 EDU wrote:

> What exactly is a "domain that can't be resolved"?  I'm starting to get
> worried that some anti-spam measure are going to cause email from UUCP
> hosts (like my home machine) to be rejected as spam because its return
> address is not a machine that's on the net.
>
> In my particular case, the hostname of my home machine is (say) homemachine.
> The domain name of my UUCP provider (which IS on the net) is (say) isp.net.
> Mail to users on my home machine is addressed to user @
 homemachine .
 isp .
 net,