Subject: Re: check_mail ruleset for sendmail.cf
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 19:33:02 -0400
To: rlcarr @ MIT . EDU, list-managers-digest @ GreatCircle . COM

At 11:26 AM -0400 5/14/97, rlcarr @
 MIT .
 EDU wrote:

>So, under anti-spam measures like the check_mail ruleset, will mail
>from my home machine be bounced because "homemachine.isp.net" cannot
>be resolved (if you try to ping it you'll get "unknown host"), or will
>it be accepted because "isp.net" is a valid domain, or will it be accepted
>because my UUCP feed provides an MX record for homemachine.isp.net ?

	If your service provider has an MX record for
homemachine.isp.net, and that's the domain you put on the envelope
sender addresses for all your outbound mail, you should be fine.

	However, these questions are not appropriate for this list.
Instead, you should be sending them to
sendmail-questions @
 sendmail .
 org .