Subject: Re: A new source of unsolicited email
From: scott @ laird . com (Scott Laird)
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 08:31:47 -0700
To: gess @ earthchannel . com
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

In message <B0000340788 @
 ec3 .
 earthchannel .
 com>, "Gess Shankar" writes:

>Well, it appears we have yet another problem. This time it is a resume
>mailing service. It claims it is sent anonymously to protect the job
>seeker from email abuse! And yet, they think it is perfectly okay to
>spam mailing lists and apparently even servers.
>
>Is this really coming from AOL? Bounces to Nolemail @
 aol .
 com come back
>with "mailbox full" errors.
>
>I have received a few copies of this nonsense as a subscriber to other
>mailing lists. It got filtered out from my lists because only
>subscribers can post to the lists.

AOL's already dealt with them.  I got the following response:

  The individual in question has been actioned, and won't be causing
  us anymore trouble. I wish I could be more specific, but privacy
  restrictions would prohibit me from telling you if I had canceled
  her account so hard that her modem broke.

You know, I'm starting to *like* AOL.  At least they deal with their
spammers.

Scott