Subject: Re: Netscape mail and headers
From: Joe Smith <jms @ tardis . Tymnet . COM>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:34:04 -0700 (PDT)
To: cnorman @ best . com
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Cyndi Norman (cnorman @
 best .
 com) wrote:
> I've just recieved my second complaint from a potential subscriber that the
> Netscape mailer will not allow them to edit the subject header.

Netscape does allow the Subject field to be edited.  However, there are some
net surfers that are totally clueless about lines of text that are wider than
the text entry box.  These people haven't learned about the HOME and END keys.

If the subject line is very long (such as from bestserv), the word REJECT is
not visible.  The user needs to know how to click once on the subject line,
and then press and hold the right arrow key or press the END key until the end
of the Subject line is visible.  Then hit backspace 6 times and enter ACCEPT.

HOME and END work in the Windows and UNIX versions of Netscape, I assume
the Mac does the same.
	-Joe