Subject: Re: X-Persona header?
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 21:26:28 -0700
To: Bill Fant <bfant @ charm . net>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 10:29 PM 5/26/97 -0400, Bill Fant wrote:
>Someone forwarded to me a particularly slimy piece of spam, 15kb in
>length, that did not have a From: or Reply-to: header, but did an
>the received from: headers.  Anyone else have experience with this? The
>person who sent it to me claimed to have received it 25 separate times in
>the last 24-36 hours.

At least one place that X-Persona: comes from is the Eudora
program -- which allows you to have multiple addresses for
sending and retrieving email.  If you send me email at my
valor @
 lsh .
 org address, I get an "X-Persona: Valor" header
added on, and I think it sticks around if I reply to you.

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\          Kynn Bartlett / kynn @
 idyllmtn .

Indexed By Date Previous: X-Persona header?