Subject: Spammer Subscribes to List
From: Vince Sabio <wavelet @ colossus . arl . mil>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 18:35:22 -0400
To: List Abuse <list-abuse @ clio . lyris . net>, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM, listmom-talk @ skyweyr . com

Hi folks,

Earlier today, I had a spammer (unbeknown[st] to me that he was a spammer,
of course) subscribe to a discussion list that I manage. The list is set
to POST-BY-SUBSCRIBERS, so non-subbers cannot post. Toward the end of the
day, he posted the following spam; I'll leave in the interesting parts
only:

--- begin forwarded text