Subject: Re: List of spam addresses?
From: Alexander Verbraeck <A . Verbraeck @ IS . TWI . TUDelft . NL>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 02:38:55 +0200 (MET DST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu, winfave @ duticai . twi . tudelft . nl

> I recall that from time to time one of the members of this list will post a
> list of addresses that have been identified as bogus or spam generating ones.
>
> I am not sure if I missed the last installment. Having received it in the past
> has been helpful since I would add these to my ignored file and several times
> the list stopped junk mail or otherwise stopped access to subscription of what
> had been identified as problematic originators.
>
> If there is a new list or version I would appreciate receiving it or seeing it
> on this list.

I posted the previous 'bogus subscriber' lists, as my mailing lists seem
to be getting about 80% of the bogus subscriptions. Although the frequency
is not that high anymore, about 1 or 2 per day still come in. In a number
of cases, these are repeated addresses, to try to really hit the e-mail
address (suppose you just managed to signoff from 1000 lists, and 1000 new
subscriptions start to come in...). Here's the list of bogus ones I got
since May 15. The number in front counts the number of attacks:

   1 From: a32 @
 mary-world .
 com
   1 From: airlinerob @
 aol .
 com
   2 From: alex5323 @
 aol .
 com
   2 From: andrewr @
 earthfriends .
 com
   2 From: aoltech012 @
 juno .
 com
   1 From: ArtBraun49 @
 aol .
 com
   1 From: babas @
 mbox .
 vol .
 it
   2 From: babas @
 tin .
 it
   1 From: Bowdie @
 regulus .
 net
   1 From: bruter @
 ix .
 netcom .
 com
   4 From: charles1 @
 netcom .
 com
   3 From: charlie14 @
 ix .
 netcom .
 com
   1 From: CMJENTP @
 aol .
 com
   2 From: cocytus @
 pacbell .
 net
   1 From: debra @
 call4less .
 com
   1 From: dynamarket @
 vaprnet .
 com
   1 From: enigmagraphics @
 juno .
 com
   1 From: gonzo @
 one .
 net
   1 From: jane3838 @
 aol .
 com
   1 From: jbark87156 @
 aol .
 com
   2 From: jorge @
 mailloop .
 com
   1 From: jvvandco @
 aol .
 com
   1 From: kg @
 pacificnet .
 net
   1 From: lneidig @
 prodigy .
 net
   1 From: media_production @
 hotmail .
 com
   2 From: naked @
 webpics .
 com
   6 From: nemesis @
 aol .
 com
   1 From: pansy @
 potters .
 com
   1 From: patrick @
 shell .
 flinet .
 com
   1 From: postmaster @
 planetnet .
 com
   1 From: relonet @
 mwci .
 net
   3 From: Ron .
 Hickman @
 unisys .
 com
   1 From: R_Denterprises @
 hotmail .
 com
   1 From: s540ltd @
 nwrain .
 com
   1 From: sales @
 turn-key .
 com
   4 From: scott .
 weiser @
 worldnet .
 att .
 net
   1 From: soulsurfer @
 oro .
 net
   3 From: stuffle @
 pcii .
 net
   1 From: Sueve91 @
 aol .
 com
   1 From: t2bis @
 worldaccess .
 nl
   1 From: theISP @
 blarg .
 net
   4 From: tmshrsal @
 magicnet .
 net
   1 From: ufta @
 genesisnetwork .
 net
   5 From: user901165 @
 aol .
 com
  10 From: vam4946 @
 megahertz .
 njit .
 edu
   1 From: VIDEO01 @
 sprynet .
 com
   1 From: waters @
 halcyon .
 com
   2 From: wstoler @
 aol .
 com

Kind regards,
Alexander Verbraeck

Dr.ir. Alexander Verbraeck   Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
School of Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management   (SEPA)
Jaffalaan 5           P.O. Box 5015, 2600 GA  Delft    The Netherlands
Tel: +31 15 2783805     Secr: +31 15 2788380       Fax: +31 15 2783429
e-mail: A .
 Verbraeck @
 sepa .
 tudelft .
 nl       List manager BPR-L, DYNMOD-L
http://www.sepa.tudelft.nl/~alexandv/    Chairman SCS European Council

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Funny AOL Address