Subject: Re: Web Page Signups
From: "Merrill Cook" <mcook @ pcusa01 . ecunet . org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 16:22:05 -0400 (EDT)
To: bbrown @ dkmc . org (Bob Brown)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com

I do basically the same thing, except I check to make sure the
address on the list is close enough to the one on their mail
message that majordomo will be able to unsubscribe them -- no
sense telling them to send the message to majordomo if, for
example, they have one of the newfangled JohnSmith @
 compuseve .
 com
addresses on their mailer, and are subscribed as
71111 .
 1111 @
 compuserve .
 com .
  .
  .
  those folks I just quietly
unsubscribe. I also look to make sure they don't have odd MIME
encoding that will interfere with the command.

--
  Regards,

  Merrill Cook
  Louisville KY
  mcook @
 pcusa .
 org     or MERRILL COOK on Ecunet/PresbyNet
  http://www.pcusa.org/pcusa.html
      -+-