From: "HTTP://WWW.CBMWORLD.COM/" <CBMWORLD @ TCD . NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:37:28 -0600
To: "Adam \"Myth\" Parrish" <myth @ inquo . net>, <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>
Cc: <cbmworld @ TCD . NET>

Check out these two sites for numerous mailing lists:

http://www.liszt.com/
http://www.reference.com/

Jianliang Li  --  Salt Lake City, USA  --  cbmworld @
 tcd .
 net
FREE Internet Business: http://www.cbmworld.com/fci.htm
Or call 1-800-324-3245 Sponsor ID# LI9999999

> Date: Thursday, July 10, 1997 11:47 AM
>

> 	Greetings!  My name is Adam Parrish.  I've been a mailing list
> enthusiast for a long while.  Currently I'm taking a technical writing
> class here at Weber State University, and in this class the instructor
> requires each student to write a paper on an electronic discussion group
> that relates to their desired field.  I have chosen to write a report
> to help the students along in finding and participating in mailing lists.
>
> 	If you would, please consider the following questions:
>
> 	- What are the most common problems that first-time mailing list
> subscribers have when trying to get on a list?  How can these be avoided?
> 	- How long should a first-time subscriber observe a list before
> trying to participate in discussion?  What is the best way to present
> yourself to a mailing list when trying to get specific answers?
> 	- Are there any problems that people have unsubscribing from
> your mailing lists?  How can these be avoided?
> 	- What, in your opinion, are the major advantages of mailing
> lists over other collaborative electronic media, i.e., newsgroups,
> web-boards, etc.?
>
> 	I'm sure you've discussed issues like this before on this mailing
> list, but I'm hoping to spark a little discussion. :)  If you have any
> more information regarding mailing lists and mailing list technology that
> you would like to share, please contact me.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Adam Parrish
> | http://www.inquo.net/~myth   =   myth @
 inquo .
 net
> : Bad command or filename. You have 2 wishes left.

Indexed By Date Previous: Questions about mailing lists