Subject: restrict-post
From: Jonathan Wallace <jon @ whoweb . com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:59:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I have a number of mailing lists I administer and utilize the restrict-post
option to restrict postings by list members only.  The named file I use
is the member list created by majordomo itself, under the lists directory.

I've run into a really weird problem, in that this works fine for some
of the lists, but not for others.  I've gone as far as copying the .cf file
for the list that works ok, to the other list and then just changing the
list name appropriately.  But this still doesn't work.

Can anyone point me to a possible solution?  Protections for all files
are identical between the list that works fine and the list that doesn't.
I'm using the -C flag with virtual host names for the lists, and separate
.cf files for each list.  Except for the hostname and the list directory
directives, the .cf files are the same.

Jon

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Questions about mailing lists